If you’ve chosen your listing agent wisely, he or she will determine the most likely buyer for your Nixa home and then laser-focus the marketing materials to that pool of buyers. So you may be asking yourself “What
Various studies of what different types of buyers are looking for in homes for sale in Nixa help the agent figure out which of your home’s features will attract them.
Now, there’s one more survey to add to the arsenal and it was published at builderonline.com.
Overall, if you’re selling your home in Nixa and it offers better energy efficiency than your competition, expect it to be popular with potential buyers. Other turn ons for buyers include floor plans that can be personalized and a home that is easy to maintain.
All of these features are more in-demand than a home with the latest technology, according to the survey.
Interior features that repel Nixa homebuyers
When asked what they dislike most about their current homes, the majority of homebuyers report that the outdated features drive them nuts. In fact, these are the most common features they are fleeing:
- Linoleum floors
- Popcorn ceilings
- Wood paneling
- Ceramic tile countertops in the kitchen
- Shag carpet
- Avocado green appliances
Yes, I’m sure you love that wallpaper you put up in 1988, but buyers will hate it. The same goes for the “gold” bathroom faucets or those with plastic faux crystal handles.
Features Nixa buyers love
Wood flooring is still the overwhelming favorite among buyers, with 65 percent of those surveyed showing a preference for it. Internet connectivity (ethernet and USB ports) came in second, with 44 percent of respondents.
Surprisingly, 56 percent said they were willing to give up square footage in a home if it meant having a larger yard. And, across all demographics, the most important exterior feature of a home is “distance from neighboring homes.” I can’t tell you how many buyers that have come to me this year looking for a home in Nixa with acreage. People want to be in the Nixa school district but not necessarily in Nixa city limits.
Broken down by generations, here are the home feature preferences:
- Hot Tub
- Home theater
- Wine refrigerator or cellar
- Dining room
- Darker, richer wall color
If you have a larger home in Nixa, members of this cohort may be your buyer. Gen X homebuyers are seeking:
- A detached single-family house.
- A home with lots of square footage (the average, according to study respondents, is 2,315 square feet).
- A single-level home, or one with the master bedroom on ground level.
- A home near trails or other amenities to help them keep fit.
- A home with 2,000 to 2,999 square feet of living space.
- Planned community with amenities and a resort-like vibe like Autumn Corners or the Villas of Wicklow
- A community with a diverse age range like Fremont Hills
- Boomers seek low-maintenance homes with large rooms and plenty of storage.
Even homeowners on tight budgets can make minor changes to the home to attract more interest.
When selling your home in Nixa small changes, such as changing out dated kitchen and bathroom faucets, buying new panels for the front of your appliances and replacing dated flooring with something attractive yet inexpensive can make a world of difference.
Powered by WPeMatico